You can call me Badu.
November 10, 2017Bogdan Dinu Curriculum Vitae Resume
About 4 minutes of reading.
I’ve started to program computers in 1991.
I was an entrepreneur. I’ve been a mentor.
Proven leader and project manager, providing technical oversight for small teams of software developers.
I’ve driven architecture decisions and lead projects from concept through the release process.
I learn quickly (and continuously), care about detail, and love computers, physics and mathematics.
You can write me on badu[at]badu.ro, add me on Skype as badu[dot]bogdan or use the links at the bottom of the page.
- Architect and lead projects from concept until released
- Broad and deep technical knowledge of several technological stacks
- Take the most responsible approach regarding work and decisions made
- Provide technical leadership for software engineers and oversee development
- Communicate effectively and relate well to people
- Represent an abstract problem in the form of some finite real object of the system, so everyone understands it
- Write tools and automated test software
- Create native applications for Android devices
- Contribute on open source projects, for example refactoring gorm
(November 2017 - now)
- Looking for telecommute work
Technical Lead at Activemall
(April 2015 - October 2017)
- Provided technical leadership and consultancy which resulted in two European funded projects
- Overseen a small team of developers using SCRUM / Agile technique
- Built a platform for photographers which performed calculus based on customers choices
- Built publish-free ads website using a innovative taxonomy system
- Driven architecture and development for a voice over ip selling solution
- Developed a platform for farmers using google maps for keeping work history on soil
- Left the company because I want to work remotely
Senior Software Consultant at Altfactor
(October 2013 - March 2015)
- Built a second screen application prototype, running on smart TV, tablet and server
- Built an educational platform for quizzes
- Left the company because it split-up
Senior Software Developer at Workzone (Norway)
(February 2010 - May 2013)
- Designed and implemented an advanced and scalable platform for the delivery and management of video content
- Wrote automated workflow for uploading video resources to a centralized server cluster
- Live broadcasting tool with control a live event and combine video with synchronized slides
- Delivered an experimental Android application (ahead of it’s time) for live broadcasts
- Left the company because the contract was over
Adobe User Group Manager for Romanian Flex User Group
(2009 - 2012)
- Started mentoring a group of young pupils
- Started to broad my communication skills
- Blogging regarding Adobe Flex
- Host for events like launch parties and popularizing Flex
- Wrote an Actionscript dependency injection framework called Roless
- I’ve started enjoying Java because the Flex compiler was written with it
- Left the position because Flash was discontinued and I’ve fell in love with Spring Boot
Freelancer for various clients (U.S. and Europe)
(2007 - 2010)
- Built a bookmarks manager with social networking capabilities - learned a lot about taxonomies and group theory
- Built an application for a client that synchronized sales data with a SAP server
- Multitouch SDK based on FLOSC for SensyTouch - a startup that took off
- Code generators for SQLite, Zend, Actionscript Message Format and many others
- Stopped freelancing because Workzone hired me
Entrepreneur Synergy Design
(2003 - 2007)
- Planned, designed and implemented web and desktop applications
- Managed a small team of developers and marketers
- Biggest project was called Eurobiz - a 60000 Romanian companies database organized by their domain of activity
- Closed the company due to economical climate
Programmer at Secure Software
- Contributed in choosing the right tool for the right job, after management tried Delphi and C# (solution was Adobe Flash)
- Left the company so I can start my own
Internet house keeper at Students House
(2000 - 2002)
- Nothing much to say, other than the beginning of Internet era in my town
I have a master degree in naval engineering, and graduated from the University of Low Danube Galati in 2002.
During the faculty, I have developed engineering software to help with calculus in various disciplines like mechanics and materials resistance.
For my final-year project I designed a software being able to calculate the heat transfer in the galley, using the finite element method.
Master degree’s project was also a software based on finite element method, which calculates vibration and noises on main crankshaft of the ships.
Facts about me
- I have a daily routine which helps me learn / develop new skills
- Academically, I consider myself almost entirely self-taught
- While I was working for a norwegian company, my colleagues were making fun of me by imitating me : “to be very precise!”
- I like travelling (visited so far Norway, UK, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria)
- I enjoy reading and writing, and I edited and designed a small cultural magazine, named Akademia
- I play the guitar from time to time and plan to learn piano too
- I love my wife and family